Monday, January 14, 2013

Kitchen "Must Haves" ... (souper tip)

happy Monday fellow soupers ...
 
 
BUT before we get ahead of ourselves, I thought we'd best talk "Must Haves" for the kitchen ...
 
  1. Lovely large pot for simmering soup (here’s your chance to justify that Le Creuset you’ve been coveting … my groom bought me one for my 50th birthday and it has improved my cooking immensely)
  2. A beautiful apron (mine came from the sale room of Anthropologie) -- some soups can be a bit splashy
  3. Veggie peeler
  4. Sharp chef’s knife for chopping
  5. Measuring cups and spoons
  6. A large chopping board
  7. Soup ladle (I’m still looking for the perfect one ... my Mom has a lovely hand-carved wooden one that almost found it's way into my suitcase at Christmas)
  8. Colander
  9. The freshest possible herbs
  10. Something to blend soup--my immersion blender works wonders for churning the soup but, if you don’t have one, you can use a blender or food processor for pureeing
  11. The new Nissan Leaf for jetting back and forth from the grocery store economically (ok this one is a bit of a stretch but I do have another birthday coming up and a girl can dream while she's in the kitchen can't she)

No comments:

Post a Comment